Article 1. Private information items and method of collection
- 1. ① Private information items,Name, E-mail Address
- 2. ② Method of information collection Upon using The Hotel services
Article 2. Purposes of collection and use of private information
- 1. ① The Hotel collects necessary minimum-level private information for the following items in order to provide effective services:
|Purposes of collection Item(s)
|Possession and usage period
|Effective communication for notices and resolution of dissatisfaction issues
providing services such as processing a transaction (e.g., fulfilling a request for information, or completing a product order)
|Until fulfilling a request for information
Article 3. Provision and sharing of private information
1. ① StayB will not, at any time, use the private information outside the boundaries
of the “Purposes of Collection and Use of Private
Information” or provide such information to a third party or business/institution.
2. ② StayB does not provide the private information , However, exceptions apply in the following cases:
Provision of such information as required by related laws and regulations or upon the demand of an investigative authority
for investigative purposes and according to procedures and methods determined by law<
Article 4. Consignment of collected private information
1. StayB consigns the task of handling the following private
information to an outside service provider for the provision of its services:
a. Weblog Analysis: Amazing Soft (Provided Information: Cookie, Log Data of Usage Route)
Article 5. Private information retention/usage period and destruction
1. ① StayB immediately destroys all private information upon the achievement of
the purposes of collection or provision of such information.
The time of destruction of the relevant information is as follows:
Information collected for providing services: Upon the completion of the request for information
2. ② Provided, however, the following information will be retained by StayB for the necessary period for various purposes,
including confirming the management duty of transactions, pursuant to related regulations and internal policy:
- a. Records of contracts or cancellation of contracts: Up to five years
- b. Records of payments and provision of services: Up to five years
- c. Records of customer dissatisfaction or disputes settlement: Up to three years
c. Records of customer dissatisfaction or disputes settlement: Up to three years
- a. Private information printed on paper: Pulverized or incinerated
- b. Private information stored in electronic files: Technically deleted in an unrecoverable manner
Article 6. Links to Other Web Sites
In order to anticipate your needs, StayB provides links to other web sites for your convenience and information StayB is not responsible or liable for any content presented by or contained
on any independent web site, including, but not limited to, any advertising claims or marketing practices. Please note that whileStayB will protect your information on StayB owned and operated
web sites, we cannot control and will not be responsible for the privacy policies of third party web sites not controlled or authorized by The Hotel. Third party web sites that are accessed through links on our web sites have separate privacy and data
collection practices, and security measures. We have no responsibility or liability for the practices, policies and security measures implemented by third parties on their web sites. We encourage you to contact them to ask questions about their privacy
practices, policies and security measures before disclosing any personally identifiable information. We recommend that you review the privacy statements and policies of linked web sites to understand how those web sites collect, use and store information.
Article 7. Private Information Manager and Private Information Department
StayB designates the following department and Private Information Manager in order to protect the private information of Members and resolve any dissatisfaction regarding personal information.
- Private Information Department: -
- Private Information Manager: -
- Telephone No.: -
- E-Mail: -
Article 8. Technical/institutional management of private information
- 1. ① StayB seeks the following technical measures to prevent loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage and ensure safety of private information of Members:
- a. All private user information is protected by a password, and important data are protected by an additional security function which encrypts or locks files of transmitted data.
- b. StayB adopts the Secure Socket Layer which ensures safe transmission of private information on the network using encryption algorithms.
- c. StayB uses a double firewall to block unpermitted access and prevent the leakage of private user information through hacking, and monitors outside intrusion 24 hours-a-day with the installation of an Intrusion
- Detection System on each server.
- 2. ② StayB limits the number of staff authorized to handle private information, conducts training to emphasize the adherence of its principle, and immediately corrects any problems that may arise in this regard.
- a. StayB is not liable for accidents caused by the users or situations resulting from the inherent dangers of the Internet.
- b. In the case of the loss, leakage, alteration, or damage of private information as a result of mishandling by an internal manager or technical management problems, StayB will immediately notify the user,
take appropriate measures and provide compensation.
Article 9. Protection of private information of users under the age of 14
StayB, in principle, does not collect private information of users under the age of 14. Provided, however, if the collection of such information is deemed necessary, StayB will adhere to the related
laws and notices.
Article 10. Transmission of advertisement information
1. ① StayB will not transmit for-profit advertisement information
2. ② StayB will take the following measures in the subject title and content section of e-mails containing on-line marketing advertisement information, including product information, to assist the users’ recognition of such e-mails:
- a. E-mail subject title: All subject titles shall begin with “(News Letter)” in English, followed by a brief description of the content of the e-mail.
- b. E-mail content section: All e-mails shall clearly contain the name, e-mail address, telephone number and address of the sender so as to enable the user to refuse further e-mail transmissions. Users will be informed in both Korean and English on
how to reject such future e-mails.
3. ③ Information harmful to children/teenagers will contain the wording “(Adult Advertisement)”
- a. E-mails containing the following content in the form of signals, letters, videos or sound (including content that does not contain such direct expressions but may be easily understood by the recipient) will be indicated by the wording “
(Adult Advertisement)” in the e-mail subject title.
- 1. Lascivious or obscene materials that could arouse sexual interest in children/teenagers (under the age of 19)
- 2. Materials that could stimulate fierce or criminal impulses in children/teenagers
- 3. Materials encouraging or beautifying all kinds of violence, including sexual violence, and abuse of drugs
- 4. Materials determined and notified as harmful material to children/teenagers
- 5. For-profit advertisement e-mails containing information on internet websites related to contents relevant to each of the above four clauses will be identified with the wording “(Adult Advertisement)” in the subject title of the e-mail.
Article 11. Notification duty
- 1. ① Any addition, removal or modification of the Privacy Statement in accordance to the policies of the Korean government or The Hotel will be notified through The Hotel web site seven days prior to such addition, removal or modification.
- 2. ② The Privacy Statement will come into effect on June 10, 2015 and will substitute the previous Private Information Protection Policy.